Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sister's Camera and me.



My sister purchased a new camera. I am happy to say that mine is so much better and in so many ways. Her's: A Kodak, point and shoot, a hundred and some dollars. She is planning a vacation and thought she'd enjoy having something to take snapshots with. She asked me to teach her how to use it, but really there is nothing about it that she seems to be misunderstanding. While she may be off taking shots of whatever catches her eyes, I find myself fascinated with recording the night. I have taken a few pictures here and there; yes I know that some of them are blurry, but maybe a modern form of impressionism, the mood is the subject rather than the reality of the sharp, crisp image.



I find it difficult to take the camera off of myself, desiring to photograph my body, my face, my eyes, and in every possible way and angle that fits the current moment. I am not ashamed of my obsession. I attend dance Monday nights. More and more my mind is filled with wonder about the way my body moves with the other dancers. The group shares a special intimate bond. Only a small handful of people could appreciate what we do there. Dance makes me feel ever more alive.



Although most of my summer is spent within a walking distance of home, I am enjoying myself. Walking consumes much of my free time lately. I enjoy it most when the sun has set and the night brings a breeze that encourages me to keep writing. I love this song of night.
















No comments: